An opportunity to create a more positive atmosphere before the game on Wednesday..
Everyone is aware that there is a huge game coming up on Tuesday, however, this game is not “unimportant”. Look at the table. Atleti is Real Madrid’s rival to beat to end in second place in La Liga. Not to mention this is the biggest rivalry in Madrid and a game Atleti has not been able to win since 1999.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not play as he has muscular problems that emerged before the game on Wednesday. He will be given rest and hopefully will be good to play on Tuesday. Sergio and Fabio have been given rest while Marcelo and Arbeloa are injured and will not play.
About the XI, the only player confirmed by Karanka is Diego Lopez. He named Diego the best player against Dortmund. In press conference Karanka said the best possible XI will jump on the pitch and this means Diego +10.
This is necessary
I know the hopes are not at its highest so the following is necessary….
THE LAST TIME ATLETI BEAT REAL MADRID “…”
1. Friends was still on air
2. Ronaldo was only Ronaldo, he was not Cristiano
3. Florentino Perez had not even been president of Real Madrid for the first time yet
4. Aitor Karanka was on the bench for Real Madrid
5. Luis Figo was still loved in Barcelona
6. El niño had not made his debut with Atleti yet
7. Raul was telling the Camp Nou to be quiet
8. People feared the world was going to end in 2000
9. The Euro had just been established
10. Bill Clinton was the American president
11. Rapha Varane was just learning how to read
12. The second edition of Windows 98 was being released
13. Star Wars episode I was released
14. Family Guy had just made its debut that year
15. Viper came to an end that year
16. Football games were still being decide by the Golden Goal rule
17. Hugo Chavez had just been sworn into power in Venezuela
18. Armstrong was winning his first Tour de France (well…)
19. Beyonce was part of Destiny’s Child
If you can think of any other, add them in the comment section below!